Congratulations on making the decision to schedule a professional portrait session with me! I am looking forward to our session and capturing beautiful images of your family.
As you may know by now, I work with each of my clients personally and plan custom set-ups for their photo session. So, please find below some information that I think will be very useful in preparing for your session. And let's speak afterwards about your specific questions.
Looking forward to seeing you very soon in front of my camera :)
GORGEOUS MAMA & ANGELS in BELLIES
If you are pregnant, please try to book your session between weeks 32 and 38, when your belly will be beautiful and it will show nicely in the pictures. Before 32, it may be too small, and after 38, you may not want to be driving around for pictures.
I will be in close contact with you to confirm actual session date based on two things:
1. How you feel and 2. How big your belly is.
You can dress up like a goddess, a nature gal, or glamor doll. Whatever your style, you will look amazing in your maternity portraits. Depending on the weather and your sense of adventure, these sessions can be done in the studio or in nature.
Please remember to discuss with me your tastes in color and style prior to the session, so when you get here I will have all your set ups pre-selected for you.
What to bring with you:
- I recommend coming in a pair of neutral (tan or beige) panties. Try to pick a style that is seamless so it does not show through your outfits.
- You can bring a black pair as a back-up.
- Lacy and frilly boy-shorts or pretty undies, if you like the look of sensual images showing a bit of the underwear.
- Strapless bras or bandeau tops are perfect, but if you don't have one, don't worry, I will provide it for you.
- You can bring outfits with you that you love, but if there is not a dress you love, just come in your yoga pants, and I will provide for you.
What to wear:
- I usually like to wrap my moms in fabrics, laces, wraps, silks...
- I want you to look timeless, romantic, feminine, sensual, and classic in your images. I think the fabrics provide this look and feel without the restraints of pre-finished couture.
- Try to stay away from stuffy feeling fabrics and outfits.
- Avoid button down shirts and materials that wrinkle and crease or please iron the garments ahead of time.
- Pick a solid colored long sleeve t-shirt or light-weight sweater that does not have any patterns, logos or distracting accessories.
- Go for natural and soft.
- - Stay away from outfits or accessories that will look outdated 10 years from now
- - Choose neutral, soft colors
- - Try to avoid black and white and high contrast colors that come into competition with your skin tones in the images
- - Try to avoid short sleeved tops (they tend to cut off arms in the middle)
- - We can also shoot in the nude, in highly tasteful ways, depending on your sense of modesty. I will follow your guidance and preference.
- Partners and Children are encouraged to join the session. Please have them dressed in neutral colors. No funky patterns, please :)
- Little girls look adorable in florals and tutus and flowy natural dresses.
- Little boys are always great in jeans or little man outfits.
- Vintage and classic looks will yield timeless results.
- Whatever your personal style, we will let it shine through.
The night before the session:
- Prepare your photo session bag, so that you don't have to worry about it in the morning
- Hydrate yourself from within by drinking sufficient water
- Eat a nutritious and healthy meal, so you can rest well and wake up energized
- Take a bath or warm shower to relax so you can rest easily
- Gently exfoliate your skin with a cup of sugar and warm water. Do not rub hard or scratch your skin, but gently take away any flakes and inherent dryness caused by pregnancy or cold weather, or just your old dead skin layer. Pay special attention to hard skin areas like elbows and heels.
- Hydrate your skin (face, belly, arms, legs, chest, pretty much all over, including elbows, knees, hands and feet) with a gentle moisturizer that does not have any synthetic chemicals in it
- Gently exfoliate lips with sugar and moisturize with a natural moisturizer like organic cocoa butter
- Avoid conflict with family members and your loved ones
- Try to involve and engage loved ones in the portrait project, so that they are supportive and they can share your excitement
- Imagine the beautiful photos we will take tomorrow, and drift into a restful, sweet sleep...
What to put in your photo session bag:
- Water, and a snack for the road
- Pamira's address and phone number
- Make-up case, lip moisturizer, hair brush, and any dress or underwear you want to bring
- Any desired outfits or accessories for Dad and children
On the day of the session:
- Eat a healthful breakfast and please remember to keep yourself hydrated
- Moisturize your skin with a non-greasy moisturizer that will not be sticky or shiny
- Give yourself enough time to get ready and arrive at the studio
- Try to avoid any stressful conversations or conflict with your loved ones, especially with anyone who will also be in the photo session
- Please do not stress. We will have a great time and you will leave with gorgeous photos to show off to your baby 20 years from now ;-)
Hair & Make-up:
- Do not try anything new on the day of the session - the best style is your natural style. We want you to look like your natural beautiful self in the images, and avoid any hair and make up appointments that might add stress to your morning.
- Wear your hair the way you mostly wear it
- Wear the kind of make-up that you mostly wear
- When in doubt, remember to wear less than more - I can always enhance make up in digital post-processing, but it is difficult to correct / take-away clumps and smears or too much make-up
- Bring your make up case with you, so you can have a touch-up here if necessary. Try to keep it simple and natural. We want your natural beauty to shine through.
- Don't worry about small blemishes, stretch marks, etc. These can be fixed in post processing. Just let me know if you prefer to keep certain things untouched.
Thanks again for trusting your memories with me. I am looking forward to seeing you soon and making lovely memories for you :)
I will take care of you, pose you, light you, wrap you, accessorize you to make the best images possible. Just relax and enjoy the day :)
If you have not solidified your plans for your newborn memories yet, remember that I am at your disposal to make this very short and precious time last forever for your family in the same classic, loving, and intimate style. I call them "Newborn Angel and Family Portraits".
You can click here to see some Newborn Angel and Family Portraits.
You have more questions? Ideas? Let's chat. Send me a message or just give me a call. I am a mother, a professional, and a good photographer. I will work with you to create your best images.